Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Homeless

 The number one thing to me in Columbia is Homeless. There is alot of  homeless in the state capital. We have  alot of people staying on the streets with their families. I feel so bad about it. When I go out on a Friday night all you see in Five Points is Homeless People hanging out and asking all the youg people for money. I have been ask several times and Yes, I gave money. When I saw the people go into the store and get cigerttes and beer with the money, I was so hurt. I had made a change because I didn't want my money spent on that. If they can't reach the homeless shelter in time, they have to sleep in the park. I went to to the park to get some fresh air and  I saw some homeless people taking a bath in the pond.I thought that was so nasty but then I had to realize that is the only way they can keep themselves clean .The other thing that gets me about homeless is, the homeless people really come out when it is Family day and Graduation on Ft. Jackson. They will come out with their signs and families to stand there to get money form the families that are coming in. I don't think that is right for the families that are coming to see their son or daughter, that have not seen in ten weeks just to give money to them.
I have donated to some many different homeless site. It makes me wonder if they are really getting the things that people are donating to them. I hope there are getting the items that people are donating to them. I also think they need to build more homeless shelters in Columbia as well. Five Points and the Park would be clean and clear. Also with building shelters, they need to offer classes so that people can get jobs, housing, and help with finaces.


               He just wants to get some help

Homelss Shelter

No comments:

Post a Comment